About the job:
As an Interior Designer, you work with clients to design their spaces. You plan, design and furnish interiors of different types of buildings. Your design should be practical, visually pleasing, and meet the client's objective.
As an Interior Designer, you may have to:
- Deal with some demanding clients
- Work long hours and meet strict deadlines
As an Interior Designer, you will get to:
- Enjoy the creative process!
- Enjoy seeing your client's satisfaction
- Make new connections
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Visual Color Discrimination
- Planning & Organization
Will you make money?
- In order to become an Interior Designer, you will need a Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design
- You will need to build your portfolio as soon as possible; it will help you get more work!
- Your portfolio may include photos, designs and sketches, and examples from university projects
- You can also publish your portfolio online!
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
Interior Design is not only about aesthetics—it is a career that requires a multitude of skills. Think you have what it takes to pursue a career in Interior Design? Watch our Insider interview with Karina Sukar to find out!
Karina Sukar is a Lebanese Interior Architect and Designer who juggles both talents with equal enthusiasm. She dreamt of opening her own store for 15 years and now enjoys selling her self-created interior design products.