- If you are under the age of 13, you may not create a Nooreed account. You're welcome to watch the videos and enjoy the site, but you need to be at least 13 to create an account on nooreed.com.
- You are encouraged to view as many videos as you wish for free, and to share what you learn with others both online and offline.
- By inviting you to participate in videos comments and conversations, we are seeking to build a mature online community centered around ideas that matter. Please be aware, when participating, that we will remove:
- content promoting pseudo-science, conspiracy theories, zealotry, proselytizing, self-promotion, product-hawking, and new-age fluff
- content written in text speak, all-caps, or otherwise lazy grammar
- content posted by members using joke names or non-names
- disrespectful, distasteful, unconstructive, or illegal content
- If you act disrespectfully, disruptively or illegally on Nooreed, we reserve the right to terminate your membership, at any time, and without prior warning.
We value our community for the deep participation that occurs within the comment section of each video — a commenting culture that encourages robust, thoughtful observations, feelings and insights.
Although we don’t like doing it, occasionally comments must be removed for the overall health of the Nooreed community. To help you avoid the frustrations of comment removal, here are some reasons your comment may have been removed:
- Not appropriate for the Nooreed audience: pseudoscience, zealotry, personal requests, proselytizing and self-promotion are not acceptable and will be removed.
- Inappropriate language: chat-room banter, text-speak and combatively postured comments are not appropriate. Calls to violence are never acceptable.
- Response to an inappropriate comment: Please use the Flag button instead.
- Monopolizing the conversation: Excessively posting the same comment or link across multiple videos or in response to multiple comments will result in the removal of all comments containing the duplicated material.
- Stereotyping: Sweeping generalizations of any group or individual based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or age will be removed, as will comparisons to Nazis.
- Honesty: Don’t post false information, rumors, or hearsay. If you don’t know it to be true, please don’t say it.
- Harassing or attacking the Nooreed team will result in the removal of your Nooreed account.
Our moderators are human so mistakes may happen. Please respond to the removal email you received if you feel your comment may have been removed in error.
Nooreed Videos Usage Policy
At Nooreed, our goal is to help students to learn about different careers. Each Nooreed Video is an interview with a professional and covers questions such as what college they went to, what are the pros/cons of the job, etc. Please note that that the opinions of the professionals do not necessarily represent the opinion of Nooreed nor the Company they work for.
Nooreed videos are made available on YouTube.com under YouTube's standard policy, not Creative Commons.
We encourage the Nooreed community, non-profit organizations, bloggers, news media and the like to share Nooreed Videos through social media and to embed individual videos in contextually relevant ways on non-commercial websites using embed code on Nooreed.com. Non-commercial usage of Nooreed Videos should follow the terms of our specific Creative Commons license – Non Commercial – Non Derivative and the guidelines that are listed below, which may be updated from time to time.
Nooreed Videos are copyrighted. Creative Commons licensing doesn't replace copyright -- which remains undivided with Solid Path S.R.L.
Nooreed Creative Commons license
We make Nooreed Videos available under the Creative Commons license "Attribution - NonCommercial - NonDerivative" in order to allow non-commercial entities (like bloggers, educators and groups of friends) to use them freely and easily. Nooreed’s Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license allows you to display Nooreed Videos under the following conditions:
- Attribution (BY): You must explicitly reference Nooreed as the original source of the materials, and NOOREED's logos within the videos and visuals as well as those of the Nooreed Videos sponsors remain untouched and unedited.
- NonCommercial (NC): You can't use Nooreed Videos (or any parts of them) for commercial purposes. If you are a company wishing to create a Nooreed branded content offering, you will require a Distribution Partner License Agreement with Noored.
- NonDerivative (ND): You cannot alter the videos in any way. This means you cannot edit, remix, cut, shorten, add overlays to them, or, well, alter them in any way.
- These conditions can be modified only by explicit permission of Solid Path S.R.L. The complete text of the license can be seen on the Creative Commons (CC) license.
The Nooreed Videos can be reposted or republished on personals sites or blogs, as long as the Creative Commons guidelines above are met and follow the guidelines below:
- Type of site/company: Bloggers, news/information websites and nonprofits may make Nooreed Videos available under a Creative Commons (CC) license, provided that they follow the rest of the guidelines on this page.
- Attribution: You must add a visible link back to Nooreed.com
- Running videos in their entirety: You may not edit Nooreed Videos, or alter them in any way. This is essential for preserving the integrity of the speaker's ideas.
You can project Nooreed Videos to a group of people, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. For projecting Nooreed Videos, we recommend downloading the high-def video podcast rather than projecting the streaming file from the web. In fact, we encourage you to find creative ways to share Nooreed Videos with your friends, family, students, colleagues, and communities.
You can also showcase Nooreed Videos during conferences, as long as it's within the scope of a non-commercial event, and as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. In particular, the videos must be shown unedited, including the Nooreed visuals, as well as the copyright information. If you wish to use Nooreed Videos in a commercial context, please contact us with a motivated request for permission.
You can use Nooreed Videos in your classroom, as long as you comply with the terms of the Creative Commons license outlined above. Many teachers use Nooreed Videos to stimulate discussions with students or to complement course materials, and we encourage you to do so as well.
This website includes information from O*NET Resource Center and O*NET 23.1 Database by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. Nooreed has modified all or some of this information. USDOL/ETA has not approved, endorsed, or tested these modifications.