About the job:
As an Account Director, you may work in various companies, but in this case, we will focus on your role in an Advertising Agency. Your job is to manage the agency’s clients; old and new.
You have to be able to meet the client’s business goals. For example, if a fashion brand comes to you and wants to introduce a new collection to young women, then it's your job to tell them why your agency can do the best job.
Of course, the challenge is to make sure that your team delivers and that your client remains happy in the long-term.
As an Account Director, you may have to:
- Learn about new industries quickly to be able to service different types of clients
- Adjust to the demands of unsatisfied clients
- Work hard in order to keep the loyalty of your clients, since it's easy for them to change agencies
As an Account Director, you will get to:
- Build connections with important clients
- Be rewarded for the contracts you sign with new clients
- 40+ hours a week
- You may have to take your potential clients out to dinner
Are you the right fit?
Will you make money?
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Do you see yourself working in the Advertising Industry? Hear what JWT's Account Director, Hadi Abu Khuzam, has to say about this career, his professional experience & more!
Hadi Abu Khuzam received his Bachelor's degree in Marketing at AUB in 2004. Since then, he's held the Account Director position in various Advertising companies, such as Publicis, Havas, FP7 & more. Today, he is the Account Director at JWT MENA.