About the job:
As a Creative Director, it's your job to decide on the overall "look" and "feel" of an advertisment, before it is shown to the public. You help a client to meet his goals, such as selling more products, by making sure that the advertising fits his brand and it's ideal customer.
As a Creative Director, you will have to:
- Work with creative employees who tend to not be very organized
- Accept criticism from a client who does not like the way an advertisment looks
As a Creative Director, you will get to:
- Release your creativity
- Create interesting advertisements
- Have your designs be made public and sometimes earn awards for it
- 40+ hours a week
- 30% overtime when approaching project deadline
- Evening dinners and company functions will require your participation
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
Will you make money?
- A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Advertising is recommended
- Knowledge of Photography and Multimedia is encouraged
Note that a Creative Director is generally not an entry-level job. You would typically begin as a Copywriter or Graphic Designer and then get promoted to this position after a few years. The salary average we have provided takes this into consideration.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
In this Nooreed Interview, we sat with Shadi, Creative Director of M&C Saatchi in Lebanon, to understand what this career path really looks like. Are you creative, full of ideas and interested in the art of selling? If so, this career might be the right one for you!
Shadi Kaddoum, Creative Director at M&C Saatchi in Beirut is an easy-going fun-loving man whose humour and light-heartedness play brilliantly into the position he holds. When asked what he enjoys the most about his job, he answered, "the ability to change something".