About the job:
As a Family Physician, you diagnose and treat patients from a family, experiencing common diseases or injuries, such a cold, flu, and deep cuts. Your work benefits members from all ages, both sexes, each organ system, and every disease entity.
As a Family Physician, you will probably face:
- Heavy load at work
- Many bureaucratic tasks
- Demanding patients
- Feeling undervalued by the specialists.
As a Family Physician, you should know that:
- 72% percent of Lebanese family physicians do not regret their choice of family medicine
- Others in this field feel positive and enthusiastic about their profession and always try to overcome the challenges
- You can also supplement your income with administrative and hospital work
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- Life Sciences
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
1.) Get your Bachelor's Degree: You don't need to pursue a specific major as an undergraduate, but you should complete pre-medical courses including Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English and Math.
2.) Take the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
3.) Earn a Medical Degree
4.) Finish Residency Training: Most family medicine residencies consist of 3 years of diagnosing and treating hospital and clinic patients under the observation of licensed doctors.
5.) Get your Medical License
6.) Advance Your Career By Becoming Certified in Family Medicine: Certification is an optional step that you can take to increase your job opportunities.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].