About the job:
As a Comedian, your job is to discuss day-to-day issues and social affairs in a funny way. You basically entertain an audience with your funny observations, stories and comic routines.
As a Comedian, you will have to:
- Create a name and a reputation for yourself
- Write content that may take days to complete
- Deal with the pressure of being under the spotlight
- Deal with potential negative feedback (aka hecklers)
- Be flexible in order to make money from commercial opportunities
- Maintain a good standard for your shows
As a Comedian, you will get to:
- Make new connections
- Be recognized and well-known for your humor and personality
- Express your thoughts and opinions in a creative way
It varies upon the demand for your comedy.
Here is a quick overview of the rates a rising Comedian can expect to make on TV:
| 1 hour Episode = $300 | 30-minute Episode = $200 | 1 hour and 15 minutes: $125 |
Comedians in Category B (Fresh graduates with prior experience) are paid more than $500 per 60 minute episode.
Are you the right fit?
- Languages (English or French or Arabic)
Will you make money?
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]