About the job:
As a Pilot, you are responsible for the operation of the aircraft, the safety of the passengers and crew members, and all flight decisions once in the air.
As a Pilot, you will have to:
- Spend less time with family and friends, since your days will be spent flying to different countries
- Endure some irregular sleeping patterns
As a Pilot, you will get to:
- Experience a certain kind of power & freedom
- Travel to new and interesting destinations
- Have free travel, food, and accomodations
- Earn a good income - especially as you gain more experience
- 50+ hours a week
- 99% Travel :)
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
Will you make money?
- In Lebanon, you may begin your career pathway as a Pilot by applying to the MEA Program. It is recommended that you a select scientific major in your first year of study.
- If you want to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Aircraft Operations, Aviation, or a related field, you will have to look abroad, for example, MEA may send you to another country to study Aviation.
- You will also need to complete up to two months of ground training and need more than 1,500 hours of flight experience.
- Once hired, you are generally required to undergo an additional 6-8 weeks of training, including at least 25 hours of flight time.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Before considering a career in Aviation, ask yourself “Why do I want to become a pilot?” because the road is not an easy one; there are many hurdles to overcome.
In this nooreed interview, pilot Karim Gharios shares his top tips to get you started.
Holder of a BS in Management initially, Karim worked in Sales and Advertising for a while before joining Emirates Airline as a flight attendant. After 5 years of working there, he decided to follow his dream and become a pilot. He has been flying for 8 years now, and is also the founder of Avianture, the professional networking platform for the aviation industry.