About the job:
As an Elementary School Teacher, you teach basic subjects like maths, reading and science to young students. You make sure that students understand the concepts clearly by using creative teaching methods. You also test students and grade their papers.
As an Elementary School Teacher, you will have to:
- Prepare coursework after school and on weekends
- Deal with difficult parents
- Know enough about general subjects to teach them
- Constantly monitor and ensure the children are safe
As an Elementary School Teacher, you will get to:
- Be surrounded with pure curiousity and wonder
- Make a real different in children's lives
- Enjoy extended vacation time in the summer
- 40-50 hours per week
- 10-20% evenings & weekends
As an Elementary School Teacher, you work full-time at a school. You may also work extra hours on evenings and weekends to plan the lessons and grade papers.
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Like any other field of work, teaching is growing and becoming more important by the year. In this video, Layla shows us how teachers today can be cool, fun and more informative than ever before, teaching children how to teach themselves and interact with the world around them. A job that requires a lot of patience, being an elementary school teacher like Layla is no easy task, but yields incredibly rewarding results that you see develop right before your eyes.
Layla was born in Belize City, Belize. She moved to Lebanon when she was 18 to continue her university education at NDU, where she received a Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory, and a teaching diploma. She started teaching 10 years ago, and have loved it since!
Layla enjoys learning about new cultures, trying new things, and specifically organizing fun activities for kids. Her favorite thing to do is to SMILE, because she believes that through a smile you can make the world a better place!