About the job:
As a Secondary School Teacher, you plan and teach lessons in classrooms. You make sure the students understand a subject clearly and test their knowledge. You evaluate the students individually and if any students are weak in studies, you find creative ways of helping them improve.
As a Secondary School Teacher, you will have to:
- Inspire your students to respect and listen to you
- Know how to distribute your attention, some students need more help than others!
- Plan interesting course material
- Spend your evenings grading course material
As a Secondary School Teacher, you will get to:
- Help teenagers discover and learn new things
- Make a real different in their lives
- Enjoy extended vacation time in the summer
- 40-50 hours per week
- 20-30% evenings & weekends
As a Secondary School Teacher, you work full-time at a school. You may also work extra hours on evenings and weekends to plan the lessons and grade papers.
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- To become a Secondary School Teacher you need a Bachelors degree in your relevant field. You will probably also need a teaching diploma or similar teacher preparation program. Courses in child psychology are helpful too.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
One of the fastest changing and most important fields today is teaching middle and high-schoolers. With the internet at their fingertips, students today become know-it-alls and can learn more outside the classroom than inside. However, people like Dimitri know how to help students combine their endless information with skills they’ve yet to learn. This video will give you a sneak peak at the rewarding process of teaching the future generation (we would know!) and equipping them with the skills they need to succeed in the grown-up world.
Dmitriy was born and raised in Russia until the age of 7 when he came with his family to Lebanon. He received his BA in English Language (Literature) from Notre Dame University - as well as Teaching Diploma. Dmitriy is currently working at LWIS Adma International School – Fatka. He is also writing a book that he is hoping to publish soon.
Dmitriy's hobbies include music (especially Rock), reading (obviously) as well as fashion and pop culture in general. In his free time he enjoys cooking but admits he’s not good at it. He likes attending art exhibitions and concerts.
Dmitriy loves to support the local emerging talents.