About the job:
As a Hospitality Consultant, you find ways to improve the overall services and experience of different hotels, restaurants and bars. You advise these establishments on how to attract more customers, earn more money and improve customer satisfaction.
As a Hospitality Consultant, you will have to:
- Work long and odd hours
- Live by the philosophy of "The Customer is always Right"
- Deal with many service workers who may be difficult to train
As a Hospitality Consultant, you may get to:
- Meet new people often
- Feel satisfied after delivering a great Customer experience
- Be employed by large Hotel Chains and Restaurants to whip their employees into shape!
- 40-50 hours per week
- Travel frequently
As a Hospitality Consultant, your work hours depend on your clients. You may work in evenings and on weekends. You may travel to visit hotels, restaurants and other places.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- You don’t need a degree to start career as a Hospitality Consultant but a degree will help you advance. More importantly, you need experience in customer service, marketing, hospitality or a related field. If you want a well-paid job at a good company, you may be required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Hospitality is an attitude. It's how a receptionist greets you at your Hotel, how a waiter serves you with a smile, and how you're gifted with mint candy before leaving a Restaurant.
Hospitality is also a large industry, and the larger-than-life Hani Farhat shares with us the different career options and study requirements within it. Could a career in Hospitality be the one for you? Watch this Nooreed Insider video and find out!
Hani Farhat has over 33 years experience in the hospitality industry in more than 12 countries. Today, his specialty is in providing hospitality training to restaurants.
Hani Farhat is also a Lecturer at Saint Joseph University (USJ), covering subjects related to Food & Beverage and Hospitality and inspiring his students on a daily basis.
Sign up for Nooreed & find out about unusual and interesting careers that could inspire your tomorrow!