About the job:
As a Business Unit Manager in a large company with multiple product lines, you will be responsible for a business unit for one of the products. Your job is then to focus on reaching the goals for that line, which will contribute to the overall success of the company.
As a Business Unit Manager, you will have to:
- Be comfortable making difficult decisions
- Deal with pressure coming from your employees and superiors
- Understand a lot of areas: management, budgets, planning, marketing, sales, etc.
As a Business Unit Manager, you will get to:
- Make a good income
- Gain managerial experience that you can use if you decide to change jobs
- 40-50 hours per week
- Travel sometimes
As a Business Unit Manager, you mostly work at an office. But you may visit clients or team members in other sites.
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Time Management
- Planning & Organization
- Leadership Skills
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- There are no fixed educational requirements for a career as a Business Unit Manager. You can start the career with a diploma or some course in marketing, finance, business planning or operations. If you want to get a job at a good company, you may be required to have a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Big picture people will love this Insider Interview. Ralph is our guest in this interview, showing us how his leadership helps direct a company to meet all their goals and make the big bucks. It’s not as easy as pointing and screaming, so you’d better pay good attention this one!
Ralph Chammas comes from a background of engineering blended with a M.B.A. from top universities. He has been working in various fields such engineering, sales, marketing, and consulting. He is passionate about inspiring others and making big changes in the world. He grew up loving cinema and basketball, which remained hobbies throughout the years.