About the job:
As a Publisher, you design the overall layout of newspapers, books and other published materials. You determine how the text, font and images look. You also decide their position. You work on both printed materials as well as online content.
As a Publisher, you will have to:
- Meet tight deadlines
- Always remember the big picture, since you're in charge of putting all the pieces together
As a Publisher, you may get to:
- Receive positive comments about your content
- See the traffic or user base expand over time
- Inspire readers through the attractive and original content you publish
- 35-40 hours per week
- 20-30% evenings & weekends
As a Publisher, you usually have very strict deadlines to meet in order to publish information on time. So you may work late if you are running behind.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Fluency of ideas
- Visual Color Discrimination
Will you make money?
- You need a degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field for a career as a Publisher. More importantly, you should know the relevant software and tools, and have good writing skills.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
Simona has been working in her industry since she was a little girl, and with all that experience, she’s going to give a tour of her life as a publisher. This fast paced, and exciting job will have you at the cutting edge of media and helping decide what’s hot and what’s not!
Simona graduated in Graphic Design, and got a License from the Society of Typographic Designers, London at Notre Dame University Louaize. Subsequently, she worked at multiple Advertising and Marketing agencies before she established her own Design studio in pursuit of research and development of new identities in design and visual communication. In 2006, she began her journey with Mondanité magazine, as a creative director, but being only creative was not enough, she applied herself to everything, seized every opportunity, to later become the Group Publications Director, moving from design to managerial position.
Simona’s influences are first and foremost everything she sees, feels and experiences. She likes to travel to new places. She has always loved comic books particularly Asterix and Obelix and Superman.
Simona's motto is “We’re all in search of something. My search is for perfection.”