About the job:
As a Web Designer, you design websites. You meet with clients and understand their requirements before designing the websites accordingly. You identify the right color, font, overall layout and other details of the website design. You may work with other professionals such as web developers.
As a Web Designer, you may have to:
- Work long hours
- Remain patient and flexible when your client changes his mind
- Spend a lot of time sitting down in front of a screen
As a Web Designer, you may get to:
- Work as a Freelancer in addition to a regular job
- Do some of your work from home, or any other location
- Create really cool websites or apps!
- 35-40 hours per week
- 10-20% overtime
As a Web Designer, you work mostly regular hours but you may work late when you have to meet deadlines. When you work for yourself, you have more flexible hours.
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Fluency of ideas
- Visual Color Discrimination
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- You can become a Web Designer if you get a degree in Graphic Design or something similar. But ultimately your skills are more important than your degree. Most of The clients will ask you to show them samples of your previous work so keep track of that as you go down this path.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Every 60 seconds on the internet, about 570 new websites are created. Our Insider Interview guest Lara is one of the driving forces behind this, designing and creating websites and content to spread information. Web designers are always busy and get a chance to unleash their creativity when creating a page for millions to see.
Lara Chamoun studied Graphic Design at Notre Dame University, and worked for many companies in the field until she became a freelance web designer. Lara loves the flexibility of freelancing because she can spend more time with her family. Lara loves reading, traveling, browsing the internet, and working on socially impactful projects. She started an initiative called “smile in a box” in Dec 2014, which aims at distributing gift boxes to needy children all around Lebanon.