About the job:
As a Social Media Manager, you manage the social media accounts of an organization. You post fresh content to social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. You also respond to the questions and comments of users on social media and provide information about the organization.
As a Social Media Manager, you will have to:
- Quickly and properly respond to online comments
- Stay up to date with the latest marketing trends and platforms
- Learn when to disconnect, notifications may keep you glued to your phone.
- Distinguish yourself from the crowd, there are many people claiming to be "social media experts".
As a Social Media Manager, you will get to:
- See the impact of your work develop on Social Media
- Create powerful communities
- Communicate with a lot of people every day
- Learn all the latest and greatest tools
- 35-40 hours per week
- 10-20% evenings & weekends
As a Social Media Manager, you mostly work regular hours but you may work during evenings when you are keeping an eye on social media campaigns.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding written information
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Good With Numbers
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- You don’t need a specific degree to work as a Social Media Manager but you must have experience in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or Social Media. You should also know the software and tools used in Social Media Marketing. If you can use Graphic Design software, that can be a huge advantage in your career as a Social Media Manager.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
Social media is now the #1 media channel, beating TV, Cinema and Radio. But how do you get started in Social Media Advertising? Do you want to learn how to #RuletheWEB? See Joe Abi Younes’s tips and tricks in this Nooreed Insider Interview.
Joe Abi Younes, Managing Director at Gate Digital Media, says you need to be a trend-setting social media lover who can cope with negative feedback. Joe's experience spans across the broadcast media industry. Skilled in Computer Animation, Computer Graphics, VizRT, and Design. He obtained his BS in Computer Science focused on Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effect from Notre Dame University - Louaize (NDU).