About the job:
As a Design Strategist, you use creative ideas to design products, services, places and user experiences. You find ways to take the feedback and preferences of the users, and then use this data in the design process. You also play a part in creating the overall strategy of a company.
As a Design Strategist, you may have to:
- Work in large groups and sell your ideas to a lot people
- Encounter difficult problems that require you to work overtime
As a Design Strategist, you get to:
- Come up with creative solutions to business problems
- Learn a lot about psychology, design, and how they relate to each other
- 40-50 hours per week
- 10-20% evenings & weekends
As a Design Strategists you work mostly you may travel to meet clients. You may also work extra hours in the evenings or on weekends when deadlines are near.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Communicating your ideas in writing
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- You should get a Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Business, Marketing or a related field to start career as a Design Strategist. You can later get a Master’s degree in a specific area such as Design Thinking or Creative Economy.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
Ever wondered how companies such as Uber and Apple took their industries by storm? The answer is simple: Design Strategy. Contrary to popular belief, design is not just about aesthetics. You can design strong businesses using this innovative way of thinking! In this Nooreed Insider video, the brains behind Blue Hat share what Design Strategy is and how you can kickstart your career in the field today!
Sami is an International award-winning designer and a firm believer of harnessing the power of design to create change. He is the mastermind behind innovation strategies at Blue Hat. With over 10 years of experience in digital design & strategy, and being a holder of an MA in Design Strategy and Innovation from Brunel University, London, Sami has empowered many leading companies in the Middle-East. Through his journey to promote Design as a problem-solving discipline, Sami united these talented people under Blue Hat to spread innovation & creativity!