About the job:
As a Wedding Planner, you plan weddings for other people. You meet with couples to know their requirements and then plan their weddings accordingly. You also arrange for photographers, florists and other persons required at the wedding.
As a Wedding Planner, you will have to:
- Work long and irregular hours
- Manage a lot of stress, especially on the day of the Wedding
- Make sure the bride, groom, and their families, are happy during the planning process
- Find a way to sustain yourself off-season
As a Wedding Planner, you will get to:
- Create beautiful wedding experiences that are memorable
- Possibly be your own boss
- No fixed work hours
- 40-50% weekends
As a Wedding Planner, you have no fixed work hours. You meet with couples in the evenings or on weekends to get their requirements. You may also travel to meet with new clients. On the day of the wedding, you may work 12 or more hours and make sure everything is arranged properly.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- There are no fixed educational requirements if you want a career as a Wedding Planner. But you should have experience in managing events. If you take courses in Project Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality or a related field, these will greatly help you in achieving success in this career. You can also get relevant experience by working with another wedding planner and learning the business before starting your own company.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Do you love weddings? Can you work well under pressure? If so, a career in Wedding Planning may be the career for you!
Maya Toubia is a smart and savvy wedding planner and takes us behind the scenes of a wedding, highlighting the business side of the job that is rarely noticed by wedding guests. Watch this Nooreed Insider Interview and see if wedding planning is the career for you!
Maya is not only a wedding planner, she is also a tabletop stylist and a social media influencer. She didn’t always know she wanted to work in the Wedding industry. She started designing her friends weddings as a gift to them. Today, she owns a wedding coordinating and event management agency, helping couples turn their wedding dreams into reality. Maya's advice to students: “Always have a Plan B!”