About the job:
As a Production Manager, you find interesting ideas and then produce audio and video programs. You are responsible for all aspects of the production. You find the money to produce the programs, contact television channels to support your production and find the right team members. Once the production is complete, you find ways to market and advertise the programs to different TV channels and other companies.
As a Production Manager, you may have to:
- Scramble to meet deadlines
- Be patient to deal with unexpected situations
- Manage large teams
- Keep team members motivated
As a Production Manager, you may get to:
- Work on potentially award-winning productions
- Meet great public figures in your Industry
- 40-60 hours per week
- 20-30% odd hours
As a Production Manager, you may spend a lot of time at the production locations. You may also work very odd hours - waking up very early and staying late at the production location.
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Problem Sensitivity
- Fluency of ideas
- Planning & Organization
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- A degree is not essential for a career as Production Manager but a business background is helpful. in most cases, you start at a basic job in The film or TV industry. you may start As a Production assistant or runner. Then As you gain experience, you move to senior positions such As line producer or Production coordinator. you should become experienced in all aspects of Production and also gain The related business skills. these will help you grow your career.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
What is it about 16-hour days and constant stress that Georges Rouhana loves? He’s an experienced production manager and in this Nooreed Insider Interview, he takes us behind the scenes of film production, telling us not just the horror stories (what do you do when the main character doesn’t show up?!) but also why he loves this job.
Do you thrive under pressure? Could Production be the career for you? Watch the Nooreed Insider Interview now.
Georges Rouhana is currently a production manager at BeirutWorks, a company that offers a full production service for both regional and international commercials, TV series, corporates, documentaries and feature films.
He received a Bachelor of Business Administration in International Business at Notre Dame University in Lebanon.
He believes that students should try to get as much experience as they can by volunteering to find out if this is the right career, and lives by his motto: don’t let fear of failure stop you, let it push you forward.