About the job:
As a Graphic Designer, you create visual designs that are used in marketing, advertising and other materials. You combine art and technology by using computer tools to create different designs. You may also work on text and find ways to improve the color, size and overall looks of the text.
As a Graphic Designer, you will have to:
- Be up-to-date with the latest design principles and applications
- Be able to accept criticism
- Remain flexible when presenting work to your clients; they may suddenly decide they don't like it!
As a Graphic Designer, you may get to:
- See your work on billboards or as a part of a massive advertising campaign
- Work as a freelancer
- 35-40 hours per week
- 10-20% out of the office
As a Graphic Designer, you work mostly in the office but you may get out in order to meet clients. When you work for yourself, you have more flexible hours.
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
Will you make money?
- You need a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, Design or a related field. You also need to have a portfolio, which is a collection of your completed designs. When applying for jobs, your portfolio will be required by most organizations to judge your experience as a graphic designer. You must have experience in using computer graphics and design software as well.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Watching Egyptian films with her dad when she was small, Dima Tannir fell in love with the color, movement and scenes she saw, which led her to a career as a graphic designer. Dima shows us a day in the life of a Graphic Designer in this Nooreed Insider Interview, if you’re creative and live a colorful life, this could be the perfect career for you!
The award winning designer and actress seeks inspiration from the old signage which hangs on the streets of Beirut. She has an affinity for hand-me-down dresses, collects old magazines, typewriters and the occasional odd scarf. She is a lover of classic Egyptian Cinema and her favorite colour is leather. Currently based in Paris, if you ever are lucky enough to cross her star studded path make sure to ask her what happened in Heathrow.