About the job:
As a Music Composer, you write and compose music. You may write songs for commercials, compose music for the movies and even conduct live musical performances. You use different instruments and work with other people to compose the music.
As a Music Composer, you may have to:
- Satisfy your clients' demands, and accept criticism
- Go through periods of unemployment depending on how much competition you have
As a Music Composer, you will get to:
- Turn your passion into a career
- Set your own schedule and possibly work from home
- Irregular work hours
As a Music Composer your schedule can vary based on the clients and projects you have. You might work during the day, or evenings and weekends. You may also work late nights if you are performing music to an audience.
Are you the right fit?
- Any Track
- Hearing Sensitivity
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Fluency of ideas
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
Will you make money?
- You don’t need a degree to become a music composer. But you can get formal education by attending college courses or university degrees related to music (Musicology). This will give you an advantage as a composer. You do need a lot of training and expertise in music. You should be able to play at least one musical instrument very well, and preferably more than one instrument. You should also have experience in working as part of a composing team, known as ensemble.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
In this video, Danny describes the steps he uses when composing music. To do that successfully, you must: play the piano or at least one music instrument, soak in the emotion you're getting from the video, collaborate with others, and much more.
Danny Bou-Maroun was born in Michigan, USA. At the age of 5, he moved to Lebanon. Danny received a B.A. in Musicology from USEK in Beirut, Lebanon. He also studied Film Scoring in Los Angeles, California in USA.
After finishing his education, he started writing music for visual media. Music has been his passion since he first began playing the piano at the age of eight. Since then, he has been creating music for all sorts of occasions.