About the job:
As an Artificial Intelligence Engineer, you work with algorithms, neural networks, and other tools to advance the field of artificial intelligence in some way. These professionals may work on various types of artificial intelligence in different industries, for example, Healthcare and Retail.
Some of the disadvantages of working as an Artificial Intelligence Engineer includes:
- Around 70% of the time is spent gathering and organizing data before even beginning to solve the actual problem at hand
- AI Engineer is still kind of a new role within the IT sector, so there are a few unknowns about career progression
Some of the advantages of working as an Artificial Intelligence Engineer includes:
- Very rapidly growing field with a woeful shortage of real talent/expertise (Google and other tech giants routinely pay $1M+ per data scientist in acquihires for top talent)
- Absolutely fascinating work. The very cutting edge of society's technical progression. Very mentally stimulating and rewarding.
- What you do will actually make a difference. AI will be used to solve all sorts of problems all over the world. You'll be able to trace your efforts toward the improvement of the human race.
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- Understanding what you hear
- Understanding written information
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Reasoning & Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
Will you make money?
You need to earn a Bachelor’s Degree in either of the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
An Artificial Intelligence Engineer needs to be good at programming but also good at Software Development techniques and practices:
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Modularity, OOPS, Classes
- Design Patterns
- Statistics and Mathematics
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning & Neural Networks
- Electronics, Robotics, and Instrumentation
Going for a Master’s Degree in Data Science, Machine Learning or Computer Science is advised.
To be able to perform at such a high level, an AI Engineer needs to have at least five years (preferably ten years) of experience in a number of programming languages.
The most demanded programming languages are:
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]