About the job:
As a Sports Broadcaster, your job is to interview athletes during sports events and to give viewer insights about the sport.
As a Sports Broadcaster, you will need to be:
- Mental strong - since you will work in a moderately stressful and competitive environment
- Knowledgeable about Sports
- Patient with your salary expectation - since it will start relatively low
- Accurate in your reporting of sports - since people will depend on your objectivity!
- Knowledgable about the Rules
As a Sports Broadcaster, you will will get to be:
- Surrounded by supportive colleagues
- Exposed and recognized on TV!
- Doing something that you love for a living
- May work irregular hours
- May work weekends and holidays
Are you the right fit?
- Languages (English or French or Arabic)
- Any Track
- Understanding what you hear
- Expressing yourself verbally
- Fluency of ideas
- Time Management
- Planning & Organization
- Leadership Skills
Will you make money?
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
If you have a passion for sports, are fluent in many languages, and have your own natural way of delivering news - then Sports Broadcasting might be the career for you!
Lama Moukaddem is a Business Marketing graduate and a professional basketball player at Al- Riyadi Club Beirut. She is also a Sports Reporter at LBCI Broadcasting Station where she covers all the major sports events in Lebanon.