About the job:
As a Renewable Energy Engineer, you help produce clean energy from renewable and sustainable sources, including wind, solar and hydro or marine power.
You may focus your work on: Clean Power Generation and Distribution, Solar Energy Systems, Wind Energy Systems, Hydropower Plants and Geothermal Energy Systems, Sustainability, Energy Efficiency in Buildings, Energy System Modelling, and Energy Audit.
As a Renewable Energy Engineer, you may generally face:
- Difficulty in producing the same amount of energy as with traditional fossil fuels
- Lack of awareness and comparatively lesser number of early adopters
- Resistance from those who have an interest in guarding the fossil fuel industry
As a Renewable Energy Engineer, you will get to:
- Help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels
- Be a part of a growing sector for green jobs
- Be part of the solution to a global problem
- 40 hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
Will you make money?
In order to become a Renewable Energy Engineer, you will need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Specialization in another area of study such as Renewable Energy, Sustainable Engineer or Solar Energy
- (Recommended) A Master's Degree in Engineering with a concentration in Renewable Energy
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Renewable Energy Engineers devote their careers towards ensuring that the world moves away from its dependence on fossil fuels to cleaner and more sustainable forms of energy. Find out if this is the right career for you!
Myriam Habib is an Electrical Engineer specialized in Renewable Energy with a history of working in Photovoltaic and Power systems. She received her Bachelor of Engineering (BE) focused in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering from Ecole Supérieure des Ingénieurs de Beyrouth (ESIB) - Université Saint Joseph (USJ).