About the job:
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you apply Information Technology and Computer Science into the area of Biology. This is done for the purpose of studying, analyzing, and processing biological information.
You may choose to work in pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, major hospitals with sequencing departments, consulting companies, and development companies with application to healthcare.
A love of science, especially in Biology, along with a knowledge of computers and electronics is a requirement for Bioinformatics Scientists.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will have to:
- Spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen and looking into a microscope
- Wear protective clothing when dealing with corrosive or poisonous chemicals and infectious organisms
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will get to:
- Make a positive impact on the healthcare industry
- Choose between working in an industrial, laboratory, or a college classroom setting
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
Will you make money?
- You will need a Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Engineering, Computational Biology or a related field
- You will also need a Master's degree in those subjects to land a good job - It's recommended that you specialize
- A PHD is highly recommended
- Applying for Internships during the course of your study will help a lot
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].