About the job:
As a Data Scientist, you basically make value out of data. You fetch information from various sources and analyze it for better understanding about how a business performs. To become a Data Scientist, you should be able to perform statistical analysis.
As a Data Scientist, you will have to:
- Constantly educate yourself about the field, including learning a few programming languages
- Communicate your findings to business people, who may have a hard time understanding
As a Data Scientist, you will get to:
- Develop a skill-set that can benefit you in other professions
- Help companies make smarter decisions
- 40+ hours a week
- 10-20% work during the weekend
- Can work remotely for projects abroad. Can also work as a freelancer.
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
Will you make money?
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or another related field
- Master's degree in Data Science or related field
- Gain experience in the field you intend to work in (ex: Healthcare, Physics, Business)
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].
Less than 0.5% of all data we create is ever analyzed/used, which leaves data scientists with a lot to mine through! Think Data Science is the right field for you? Watch our latest Nooreed interview with Elie Kawerk to find out.
Elie Kawerk is a Data Scientist with a love for Python and open source. He currently works at Mirum agency where he uses data analysis and machine learning models to analyze social media and digital marketing data. Elie holds a PhD in computational physics from the University of Paris VI, France and has held a research fellowship at the University of Trieste, Italy.