About the job:
As a Hotel Desk Clerk, your job is to accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
As a Hotel Desk Clerk, you will have to:
- Resolve conflicts and answering guest complaints
- Be very good at multitasking!
As a Hotel Desk Clerk, you will get to:
- Meet many different people
- Easily enter this career - not much experience is needed
- 40 hours per week
- 9 hour shift
Though it may get extended due to high work load as it often happens in the hotels
Are you the right fit?
- No specific class
- Any Track
Will you make money?
- You don’t need a college degree or any relevant experience to be a Hotel Desk Clerk, although an associate’s degree in Business, Administration, or Hospitality can help.
- Some people who are interested in the Hospitality industry begin as guest services employees, and then move up to supervisory positions.
- You should know how to speak English well.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].