About the job:
As a Judge, Magistrate Judge, and Magistrate, your job is to apply the law to court cases and oversee the legal process in courts. You must also resolve administrative disputes and facilitate negotiations between opposing parties.
As a Judge, Magistrate Judge, and Magistrate you will have to:
- Deal with heavy workload
- Be extremely patient
- Deal with mildly arrogant or incompetent lawyers
As a Judge, Magistrate Judge, and Magistrate you will get to:
- Decide on important cases
- Be well-respected for your role
- Essentially, shape the law
- 50+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- Language (English or French or Arabic)
Will you make money?
Education to become a Lawyer:
- You will need a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science
- You will need a Law Degree from a Lebanese University or Equivalent
- You will have to take and pass the Bar Exam, starting with an Oral exam, and then a Written exam, which is a 4-hour exam, which tests knowledge of various law fundamentals, ethics and includes various case studies
- You must enroll in a law firm, starting as an intern, for 3 years
- During these 3 years, you must attend a minimum of 15 conferences
- You must also attend a minimum of 150 court hearings
- You must attend classes as part of the school of Lawyers
- You must then sit for another exam, which evaluates your experience, this is oral and written
- After passing both exams, you obtain your License
- You then become an Attorney at Law (or Avocat a la Cour)
Education to become a Judge:
- You may begin your education similarly to a Lawyer
- You must enroll in Magistrate's School
- You must intern in Court Tribunals, doing activities such as reviewing court decisions and helping the Judge
- You must pass a Written and Oral Exam to obtain your License
Learn more by checking out our article on how to Become a Lawyer according to the Beirut Bar Assocation.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected].