About the job:
As an IT Project Manager, you supervise IT projects by ensuring that deadlines are met within budget constraints. You often work using IT project management software.
Typically, a company looks for candidates who have served as team leads in IT database, security or network technology.
As an IT Project Manager, you may have to:
- Take the blame when a project fails
- Work some long hours
As an IT Project Manager, you may get to:
- Connect with higher management
- Be well paid
- Practice your Leadership skills
- 40+ hours a week
- Extra hours may be required
Are you the right fit?
- General Sciences
Will you make money?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Project Management or a related field
- Master's Degree is a plus
- Project Management Certification is a bonus
After 3-5 years of experience working in an area related to IT project management, you may be able to advance in your career.
With enough management experience, IT project managers can advance and become chief technology officers or even chief executives.
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]