About the job:
As a Virtual Reality (VR) Film Producer, you basically produce 360 video content & VR experiences. Your job is to create an experience that emotionally connects with your audience. You may also produce videos for other companies.
As a VR Film Producer, you will have to:
- Learn the fundamentals, since the technology is constantly evolving
- Understand that VR is still an immature market (But that can also be a positive thing!)
- Endure high costs! (Freelancers in the field are typically responsible for purchasing and managing their own equipment)
People think for some reason that VR video is actually easier to shoot, but there's actually so much more that can go wrong, and so much more that can make the video bad!
As a VR Film Producer, you will get to:
- Be a part of something new and exciting!
- Help establish standards and conventions that could have a lasting impact as the technology matures
- Create really cool content
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- No specific class
- Any Track
Will you make money?
- In order to become a VR Film Producer, it may help to obtain a degree in Communication Arts or Audiovisual Studies
- University film production programs have begun incorporating virtual reality into their curriculums, but there is currently no formal specialty or degree in the field
- Learn the Basics of Production & try taking some online courses in the links featured below
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
Want to create cool Virtual Reality content? Consider a career producing VR films - it's certainly a growing field with a lot of potential. Karim Saad started his own VR studio in Dubai and has a lot to share in our latest Nooreed Interview.
Karim Saad graduated with a degree in Communication Arts from Saint Joseph University in Beirut. He then went to Paris to undergo many specialized studies in 16mm film editing, sound & image. He made his debut in Lebanon in the TV production industry where he was mainly responsible for the production of TV shows, commercials & promotional films. His love for strong visuals helped him go further in his career and in 2013, Karim started exploring Virtual Reality filmmaking, which was a turning point in his professional life. In 2014 Karim established Giga Works in Dubai, his virtual reality (VR) film studio, offering 360º content capture and storytelling, VR experience, and customized GigaBox cardboards.