About the job:
As an Environmental Engineer, your job is to develop solutions to environmental problems.Your solutions may be related to recycling, waste disposal, public health, and water and air pollution control.
As a an Environmental Engineer, you may have to:
- Work in dangerous areas or sites
- Face resistance from goverment agencies or private companies
As a an Environmental Engineer, you will get to:
- Be a part of a growing Green sector (more jobs!)
- Improve the Environment and living conditions around you
- 40+ hours a week
Are you the right fit?
- Life Sciences
Will you make money?
- In order to become an Environmental Engineer, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field, such as Civil, Chemical, or General Engineering
- You may also obtain a degree in Environmental Science or Biology
There is a small fee of $75 for participating in this activity, which also includes a meal, a take home certificate, and more.
For questions, please email [email protected]
This career is for those of you who want to use your Engineering skills to improve the Environment. In this Nooreed Insider Interview, Ziad Abi Chaker shares his career tips and insights, so that you can determine if this is the right career path for you.
Ziad Abi Chaker is a multi-disciplinary engineer who specializes in building Municipal Recycling Facilities on the communal level. After returning to Lebanon in 1996, Ziad started Cedar Environmental, an environmental & industrial engineering organization that aims to build recycling plants to produce organically certified fertilizers and leave no waste material to be disposed of achieving ZERO WASTE to the landfill status.