4 Lebanese System Tracks: Explained
Going into your last two years of school in our Lebanese system, you’re expected to choose a path (Humanities or Sciences) and later narrow it down some more in your senior year (GS, LS, SE, LH).
Once you start your senior year, you’re going to have to choose one of these four categories. Here are some details about each to help you decide:
Life Science (LS):
- Concentration on Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. These subjects make up 60% of your overall average.
- Most of the focus is on Biology.
- 40% of the overall average is on the remaining subjects, which are Arabic language, foreign language, Philosophy, History, Geography, and Civic Education.
- Open to all university majors, such as Biology, Computer Science, Literature, Psychology, Business etc.
- Good for students who still haven’t decided on a major just yet.
General Science (GS):
- NO BIOLOGY CLASSES (perfect for students that dislike Biology).
- Chemistry material is reduced.
- Concentration on Mathematics and Physics (50% of the overall average).
- 50% of the overall average is on the remaining subjects, which are Arabic language, foreign language, Philosophy, History, Geography, and Civic Education.
- University major options include: Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, information technology, aircraft maintenance, physics etc.
- You can also do whatever major you want as long as no Biology is included.
Sociology and Economics (SE):
- Sociology and Economics, both, make up only 30% of the overall average.
- 45% of the overall average is on Arabic language, foreign language, Philosophy, History, Geography, and Civic Education.
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics make up 25% of the overall average.
- You can apply to majors such as Business, Political Science, Psychology, Translation, Languages, Communication, Philosophy, Nutrition, Interior Design etc.
Literature and Humanities (LH):
- The focus is on languages (French/English, and Arabic) and philosophy.
- No Sociology and Economics classes
- Small percentage of the overall average for Mathematics and Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Biology).
- Other subjects you have to take are Geography, Civic Education, and History.
- Can join University majors such as: Business, Languages, Translation, History, Philosophy etc.
Remember, we’re always here to guide you. Sign up today for the latest career information and exclusive job shadow opportunities.